Tuesday, July 8, 2008

• L33tStr33t Boys - Masquerade

L33tStr33t Boys - Masquerade




It's 3AM and I couldn't sleep so I had to get on YouTube and watch this "Masquerade" music video, song by L33tStr33t Boys. I noticed how wonderfully composed, written, and performed this song is. Knowing the lyrics are generally for fun and entertainment, there's just that one part at the bridge where it goes, "Oh no, it happened again. She walked away with her furry boyfriend." then followed by, "My Kingdom Heart is breaking.." saying that he has such a big heart for this one perfect girl and having it broken is unnfortunately so very sad. That's why I am here writing this because I feel his pain. I'm not much of the punk rock type but I enjoy all types of music. If you can look past the genre and just feel the melody arrangement, you can become engaged with the emotion that the singer is portraying in that one part. and man.. that Kingdom Heart part hit me good. It hit me so hard with this wave of emotion I admit I cried just now. I haven't felt so engaged in modern music since a few years and I've managed to get past the genre and hear the beauty in this one.

Thanks L33tStr33t for this wonderful song. You guys are crazy good. I'd be obliged to purchase your CD.

// Roth via N810

No comments: