Thursday, October 16, 2008

• Mega Man x Wario: The Return of 2D

I admire Capcom and Nintendo. They've been making the best games for all these years and haven't lost a single touch. With the success of their new games, I become accustomed to playing and enjoying them to the fullest.

Even though Wario Land: Shake It! got overshadowed by Mega Man 9, I support both equally as the returning age of old school 2D games.
Wario Land took 2D to a new level similar to what Super Paper Mario did.
Mega Man 9 took it much further by going 8-bit.
This game has set a new landmark and paving the way for other classic franchises to make their comeback return in retro style. I'm talking games like Castlevania, Sonic The Hedgehog, Contra, Bionic Commando, etc.
It's not necessary that these games are to go 8-bit/16-bit but to go to a form where they once shined their brightest. And only Mega Man can do it best.
In fact, it's ground-breaking for its time - in the world of High Definition 3D graphics.

Mega Man 9 is built for nothing short of perfection. And to have played this on a Nintendo system on Day 1 release, everything just felt so right for once.

And because of that, I've become as much of a fan as anyone else.
Here are some photos of some things I bought in hype of the game.

Leaping 8-Bit Mega Man T-Shirt:

Image
click to view gallery

I also have my Mega Man 9 Original Soundtrack CD:

Image
click to view gallery

As you might see, I too am a fan of everything 8-Bit and its underground music scene/culture.
My favorite track from the soundtrack is the Magma Man Stage theme, "Magma Burning".

At last, here's a piece of art work I made prior to the release of Mega Man 9 [WiiWare] and Wario Land: Shake It! [Wii].
It's a concept I've been thinking of for a few months.
A joint-project between two of the best game companies, Capcom and Nintendo.
I present to you, Mega Man x Wario wallpaper.


Download
1280 x 1024 - click to download @ my deviantArt

Only one size is available at the moment, but if there are enough requests I'd be obliged to create more sizes.

// Roth

No comments: