Friday, April 16, 2010

• Red Steel 2 mini review





I pre-order two copies of this game.
I got the regular version from GameStop which arrived right at launch date.
Here's a pic of that:

I also pre-ordered the Wii MotionPlus bundled version from Amazon which arrived a few days later.

I'll tell you right now the game's unlike any other FPS game I've played. The experience is well worth it, especially with Wii MotionPlus. I don't recommend you tinkering with the controls or else they'll go bonkers. I spent quite a while to try and get the controls to be as good for a PC gamer's perspective but the best I can get will make the cursor end up being too jittery 'cause it's too sensitive or something. I highly recommend using the Prescise preset if you're a PRO Wii gamer.

As for the content, I'm sure there's plenty of goodies that Red Steel 2 can show off. The QTE (quick time events) was fresh even for a Wii game. For some moments it reminded me of Uncharted 2's QTE, and I keep having to remind myself that this is a Wii game! It very well worth the rent or buy in the end. I don't see how anyone (who owns a Wii system) can let this pass by unless they're afraid of trying new things. But think it this way, I'm telling you, there won't ever be another game like this for the rest of 2010 not even when PS Move or Project Natal arrives.

[Edit] Oh yeah, the reason I bought two copies is 'cause it's freaking
RED STEEL 2~!



// Roth

No comments: